As you no doubt heard, the Dodgers held their annual "rookie hazing" spectacle on Sunday evening - after their shutout loss to the Marlins. Above is one of many pics of the guys that are circulating around the 'net. In years past this event was held during their roadtrip to San Francisco. This time, however, they decided to have fun with the rookies during their trip to New York.
Photo above via @Dodgers on twitter. You can go here, here, here, here, here or here to see even more pics. Best yet, Yasiel's charm came back in classic style. He borrowed someone's Dodgers cheerleader outfit and did a little dance for the Dodgers and LA's newest team the Rams. Heck, he even tweeted the gif to Rams rookie quarterback Jared Goff. To the right is a screengrab, and you can go here to see the gif. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers Baseball: In 1930 Dodger catcher Al Lopez hit the Major Leagues last bounced home run. Before this day "ground-rule doubles" were recorded as home runs. In 2000 Dave Hanson broke former Dodger Johnny Frederick's record for pinch-hit home runs during a season with his seventh homer of the year against Curt Schilling of the Diamondbacks. BTW, Johnny Frederick set his record of six homers on this exact same date in 1932.
- ICYMI: Via Mark Polishuk at MLB Trade Rumors; "Dodgers Release Randy Choate, Matt West."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA; "NY bar to offer a "Vin Scully Burger’ this week."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "NY bar to offer a "Ethier returns for first time this season."
"The leg felt good," Ethier said. "Been a long summer. The guys did a good job, I'm just here to contribute. There are no promises this time of year. Just come back, contribute and not get in the way of the good baseball these guys are playing. Whether it's a pinch-hit, a double-switch or a start, just do whatever it is the last 20 games to help out. Don't expect much other than to get a chance when he thinks I'm ready."
- Via Doug Padilla at ESPN; "Corey Seager to walk in hero Derek Jeter's steps at Yankee Stadium."
“It’s going to be really cool,” Seager said this past weekend, while the Dodgers were in Miami. “I plan to get there super early the first day and kind of walk around, and hopefully see as much of it as I can. Kind of being out there, in the same spot as he was, it’s going to be pretty special for me.”
- Via Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA; "Loons take first game of Eastern Division Championship Series."
- OKC Dodgers are headed to the PCL Championship. Via the Oklahoma City Dodgers at MiLB.com; "Dodgers Win Wild American Conference Finale: Oklahoma City advances to the PCL Championship series for the first time since 2008."
O'Koyea Dickson belted a three-run homer in the eighth inning to give the Oklahoma City Dodgers the lead, and Jacob Rhame pitched a two-inning save to secure a wild 10-9 Dodgers win against the Nashville Sounds in a decisive Game 5 of the American Conference Finals Sunday night at First Tennessee Park.
Below is a pic, shared by @MiLB on twitter, of the boys celebrating their series victory last night.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *