Josh Fields and Grant Dayton took some time off from yesterdays pre-series workout to closely inspect a Baseball.
What they find so fascinating? I do not know.
Photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2016. Go here to check out more pics by Jon from yesterdays workout. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1977, in Game 3 of the NLCS the Dodgers score three runs in the top of the ninth inning to take a 6-5 lead over the Phillies. The Dodgers eventually won the series the next day to advance to the World Series. In 1978, in Game 4 of the NLCS the Dodgers defeated the Phillies on a tenth-inning run scoring single by Bill Russell. This victory won them the NL pennant and earned them a right to face the Yankees in the World Series.
- Happy Birthday, Brickyard Kennedy!
- If you've got the time you should check this out. SABR shares numerous audio interview with some Heroes of October. Go here to check it out. It includes an interview with former Dodger outfielder Al Gionfriddo on his miraculous catch during the 1947 World Series against Joe Dimaggio of the Yankees.
- Corey Seager is this years Dodger nominee for the 2016 Hank Aaron Award. This is given to the top offensive player in each League. Go here to place your vote, or do it on twitter by using the hashtag: #VoteCorey.
- It's now Justin Turner's time to write for The Players' Tribune; "Goosebumps." Check it out here.
We didn’t get together and make speeches or get all rah-rah or whatever. No one was like, Hey, now we all have to try harder because Clayton’s down. We all just kind of knew what we had to do.
We didn’t need to talk … we just needed to play. Hard. Together. As a team.
I remember right after Clayton got hurt, he sent me a text message telling me not to worry about him and to make sure the guys stayed positive. I texted him right back something like: Don’t worry about us. We’ll be fine, and when you get back, you’re going to be coming back to a better team … a much better team.
- Via Matthew Moreno at Dodger Blue; "Clayton Kershaw Feels Less Pressure Heading Into 2016 NLDS."
“I think in the past I’ve felt that pressure more (to carry the Dodgers in the postseason),” Kershaw said Thursday. “This year has been a little bit different for me as far has having to watch from the sidelines and understanding how good our team is.
“It’s really hit home for me as I came back that I can definitely be a part of this, definitely help and be a factor in winning. But I don’t have to be the factor.”
- Shakes fist at sky -- "Damn you, global warming!" Via Doug Padilla at ESPN; "Hurricane Matthew could bring rain to Dodgers-Nationals."
Saturday’s Game 2 of the National League Division series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Washington Nationals is facing a threat of rain from the outer bands of the storm that was bearing down on Florida on Thursday afternoon.
AccuWeather is showing the storm would only have a “moderate” impact on the Washington area on Saturday. Yet, there is still an “81 percent” chance of rain Saturday with “heavy showers in the afternoon” expected, AccuWeather is reporting.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "Dodgers could push Hill back in rotation: Team concerned about Hurricane Matthew affecting Game 2."
- Apparently, Andrew Toles will be in tonight's starting lineup; via a tweet by Bill Shaikin:
Andrew Toles, who starts in LF for #Dodgers tomorrow, doubled on his first swing this season. That was at Class A Rancho Cucamonga.— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) October 6, 2016
- Former Dodger executive Kim Ng appears to be in the running for the open GM position in Arizona. Via Jeff Todd at MLB Trade Rumors; "Kim Ng, Four Others Among D-Backs GM Candidates."
- JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers adds, "Ned Colletti is a candidate for the Arizona Diamondbacks’ GM vacancy."
Dodgers special advisor Ned Colletti is among a growing list of candidates for the Arizona Diamondbacks’ general manager vacancy, according to multiple sources.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *