The 2017 Dodgers Spring Training schedule has officially been set. The graphic above of the schedule is via Camelback Ranch on twitter. Go here or here for more information.
Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1988 Orel Hershiser was named the winner of the NL Cy Young Award. He was the unanimous choice.
- Happy Birthday, Rob Segedin and Shawn Green!
- Via Eric Longenhagen at FanGraphs; "Top 21 Prospects: Los Angeles Dodgers." This is a must read for any fans wondering who we have coming up through the farm,
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "Zaidi: Dodgers addressing OF this offseason: GM says Puig 're-established himself,' but 'a change in the composition' still a possibility."
"We do have a surplus in the outfield that we're going to be working through in the next couple months, with Ethier coming back and Toles emerging," Zaidi said. "So there's always a possibility in a change in the composition of the outfield. But [Puig] did everything we asked of him the last two months, and we're in a much better place."
- Via Bill Plunkett at the OC Register; "Dodgers' Corey Seager is Players Choice as NL's top rookie."
“That’s awesome,” Seager said of being honored by his fellow players. “To be voted by your peers is just a little more special for me. It was kind of the same thing with the All-Star Game. It’s one of those things where it’s nice to know your peers, the guys you play against every day have that mutual respect for you.”
Go here to check out a video from MLB featuring the award announcement, some season highlights and a live interview.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA; "Adrian Gonzalez, Alex Verdugo open exhibition with Team Mexico in Japan."
Dodgers outfield prospect Alex Verdugo had an RBI double for Mexico’s national baseball team in an exhibition win over Japan, 7-3 at the Tokyo Dome on Thursday, part of a four-game series set up in preparation for the 2017 World Baseball Classic in March.
Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez is on the trip with Mexico as well, though he did not play in Thursday’s game. He did have time to meet with Japanese sensation Shohei Otani before the game.
- Via Keaton Moore at Call to the Pen; "MiLB: Chase De Jong and the Life as a Minor Leaguer."
Although De Jong is encouraged by his progress, he realizes his need for growth. Early on in his career, he quickly realized that reaching his goal requires complete focus and dedication is absolutely crucial. His drive to be better and openness to learn are cultivated by the atmosphere of the minor leagues.
Despite the daily grind and “month-to-month leases”, while at the same time “expected to compete at a professional level”, De Jong is surrounded by likeminded teammates with the same aspirations. Consequently, that team-orientated atmosphere is reflected in De Jong’s gradual improvement as he closes in on his major league debut.
- BTW, yesterday Chase DeJong was named the "Minor League Pitcher of the Year" by the Professional Baseball Scouts of Southern California, via twitter.
@ChaseDeJong from @LBWilsonBruins &@Dodgers is 2016 PBSSC Minor League Pitcher of the Year! Joe Aversa signing scout! Congrats to both!!— PBSSC (@socalscouts) November 9, 2016
- Apparently, NHL/Maple Leafs rookie sensation Auston Matthews is a Dodgers fan. Check out this pic tweeted out by Fanatics Authentic showing him sporting a Dodgers cap.
- Panini America provides an early glimpse of their 2016 National Treasures Baseball card set (Link Here); including the booklet card below with Clayton Kershaw. Go here to check out more pics. This set releases on December 21st.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *