Congrats, Chicago Cubs fans!
I truly didn't believed I'd ever see this happen. And now I must find all of those Cubs fans I've teased over the years and five them a high-five.
Photo above via AM570 on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1965 Sandy Koufax is named the Cy Young Award winner by unanimous vote. It is his second Cy Young in his career.
- Happy Birthday, Ed Lennox and Bob Welch!
- Just a reminder, there's still Baseball being played, folks! Via Jonathan Mayo at MLB.com; "Bellinger's bat proves the difference in Glendale win: Dodgers' No. 1 drives in three runs with a pair of doubles."
"He's got good stuff, he's got good offspeed, but he actually hung me a changeup," Bellinger said. "I tried to go with the pitch, not get too big. I tried to put a good swing on it and got it to the fence right there."
- Via Greg Sullivan at The Herald News; "DODGER BLUE: Brandon Gomes, his playing days over, is part of the Los Angeles Dodgers player development team."
Gomes described his job as being on the “conceptual side.” He doesn’t suit up and supervise bullpen sessions. But the duties, he described, cover a wide spectrum. He helps prospects with getting information on how pitches work, on how to sequence their pitches. He might devise precisely what a pitcher should do with his off-day throwing, his offseason throwing. He lets a pitcher know what he needs to improve on, how his stuff compares to other pitchers, the most effective way to improve arm strength and arm durability.
Gomes spends considerable time looking at data and video. Simply put, his job is to identify the many ways a pitcher can get better.
- You can apparently count Rich Hill as someone who wants to come back, via a tweet from SportsNet LA:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *