Here is something I didn't expect to find on eBay. Featured here are three original photographs, dated to 1926, that shows progress of the demolition of the Washington Park II. As you may know, this ballpark was one of the earliest homes of the Brooklyn Dodgers from 1898-1912. It was also home to a short lived Federal League ballclub known as the Brooklyn Tip Tops. (Auction links here, here and here)
The pics was taken by local photographer Joseph Smith, and it appears they were taken for the benefit of the Brooklyn Edison Company (due to some markings indicated on the reverse). This also makes a lot on sense considering that the current occupants of the land is Con Edison of New York. It states that demolition work began on April 29th, 1926, and these photographs were taken more then a couple months later on July 15, 1926.
Below are more links to check out:
- Happy Birthday, Eric Karros!
- Via Topps; "Julio Urias announced as 2016 Topps Stadium Club Mystery Redemption." I'll be sure to share a pic of the card once they start being delivered to collectors.
- Via David Schoenfield at ESPN; "The way-too-early 2017 power rankings." The Dodgers are in 4th:
Look, I don't like the bloated payroll full of expensive, injury-prone starting pitchers, either, but it's not our money being flushed down Chavez Ravine. They still have the best pitcher in the game in Clayton Kershaw, Kenta Maeda is solid and youngsters Julio Urias and Jose De Leon have star potential. And that's aside from whatever Scott Kazmir, Hyun-Jin Ryu and Brandon McCarthy have to offer. As we saw in the playoffs, adding some right-handed bats and re-signing Justin Turner and Kenley Jansen will be top priorities.
- Via Bill Plunkett at the OC Register; "Nine Dodgers, six Angels among 139 players who became free agents today."
Dodgers (9) -- LHP Brett Anderson, RHP Jesse Chavez, RHP Joe Blanton, LHP Rich Hill, LHP J.P. Howell, RHP Kenley Jansen, OF Josh Reddick, 3B Justin Turner, 2B Chase Utley
- Via Penny Arévalo at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin; "Who knew? LA Dodgers’ Tommy Lasorda is a big supporter of local control for Ontario airport."
- Via Janice Garcia at Dodgers Nation; "Four Dodgers Announced As Finalists for Players Choice Awards."
More Los Angeles Dodgers are being awarded for their achievements in the 2016 season. Clayton Kershaw, Corey Seager, Justin Turner, and Rich Hill were named finalists for the 2016 Players Choice Awards.
- Via FanRag Sports on YouTube, Sande Charles catches up with Dodgers prospect Cody Bellinger at the 2016 Arizona Fall League. Watch the video below:
- Apparently, Joc Pederson is looking for a winter job, via his twitter:
Our scouting department is reviewing the film now, @yungjoc650. That cool, @Dodgers? pic.twitter.com/W8xS3Jr8SR— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) November 3, 2016
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *