Here's an fantastic photograph of Dodger legend Jackie Robinson with the 1950 NL Rookie of the Year, Sam Jethroe, of the Boston Braves. Pic above via Vintage Baseball on twitter.
Below are more links to check out:
- Happy Birthday, Hank DeBerry & Devon White!
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider; "Yasiel Puig’s Wild Horse Foundation takes flight."
“The giveaway happened in the Santo Domingo section called El Tamarindo,” José Mota said. “It was just a special appearance by Yasiel to make the Christmas season better for those families.
“Puig’s foundation took the initiative to make this event possible,” Mota said. “Because my mom and dad have done it for so many years, he felt comfortable imitating (and) joining their efforts this Christmas season.”
- Blowout Buzz provides an early peek at Panini's 2017 Donruss Baseball card set; including the Corey Seager seen on the right. This set will hit store shelves on March 1st. Go here to check out more photos.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "Scully's swan song season a memorable one."
"We knew it would be a different year, and it was different, it was supposed to be," Robertson said. "Just all the people -- coaches, managers, visiting players, Dodgers players, broadcasters, umpires. I enjoyed that, so I could see how the people respected him for all the years he put in for the game of baseball.
"Some got emotional. I did on the last day in San Francisco, but [Nationals manager] Dusty Baker got emotional. Dusty kissed Vin as they hugged. [Rays TV broadcaster] Brian Anderson got emotional during an interview at the end, [Braves TV broadcaster] Chip Caray got emotional. It was touching. It was a tremendous year to watch him prepare, as he always does, yet be accommodating to people, even those unannounced."
- Jon Heyman at FanRag passes along some notes about Chase Utley ("did a nice job with the Dodgers last year and could still be a candidate to return") and the ongoing Brian Dozier trade rumors ("It’s no surprise that some suggest the Dodgers are being “stingy” with their top prospects in talks for veteran players").
But they are willing to part with righty Jose De Leon for Dozier. They are not willing to include top first base prospect Cody Bellinger or top young pitchers Walker Buehler or Yadier Alvarez along with De Leon.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *