Check out this fantastic Sandy Koufax artwork found on the streets of Tel Aviv, Israel; pic via Jonathon Mayo on twitter. It was part of a photo op for an upcoming documentary that follows the Israeli Baseball teams travels as they head towards the World Baseball Classic later this year. Via Ben Fisher at the Jerusalem Post:
A group of 10 past, current, and future Major League Baseball players, including first-baseman Ike Davis and former outfielder Gabe Kapler, are in the country for a week-long tour that has seen them help to break ground at a new baseball field in Beit Shemesh, meet with MK Michael Oren, who hails from the United States, and enjoy the typical tourist sites around the country, including the Dead Sea, Masada and Jerusalem’s Church of the Holy Sepulchre.Below are more links to check out:
“We brought [the players] here to have some kind of connection [with Israel]. That way, when the tournament actually starts in March, we’ll have people really, really excited about it,” she said.
- Happy Birthday, Harley Payne, George Crable, Ivan de Jesus, Ferrell Anderson & Otis Nixon!
- Via John Sickels at Minor League Ball; "Los Angeles Dodgers Top 20 prospects for 2017."
- Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA shares his, "2017 Dodgers 20 and under team."
- Via Stefan Stevenson at the Star-Telegram; "Clayton Kershaw, Shawn Tolleson and Chris Young visit Cowboys facility."
“He’s a fierce competitor,” Garrett (Cowboys coach) said of Kershaw, who pitched at Highland Park before the Los Angeles Dodgers. Garrett said he’s played video clips of Kershaw to Cowboys’ players to show how hard he competes.
- The Panini America blog shares some preview pics of their 2017 Donruss brand Baseball cards; including the Corey Seager card on the right. This set hits the market on March 1st. Go here to check out more pics.
- Via Shira Springer at WBUR; "Rich Hill Pitches For The LA Dodgers, His Family And His Late Son."
"Life keeps moving forward, it doesn't matter. People die, daily life continues, but with a different view on life, an understanding of time and how precious life is. We live for our son Brooks and with his memory on an everyday basis."
- Via J.P. Butler at the Olean Times Herald; "Remembering Bradner Stadium's baseball past: NYCBL All-Star game conjures memories of big Bradner moments." He recalls the time when Jackie Robinson played a game at Bradner Stadium in Olean, NY amidst a standing room only crowd.
- Gary Joseph Cieradkowski at the Infinite Baseball Card Set shares his fantasy Ralph Branca card. Check it out here.
- He always wanted to stay Blue. Via Buster Olney at ESPN:
Teammates knew that Justin Turner wanted to stay with the Dodgers. In fact, he didn’t bother pretending that he might seriously consider offers from other teams. Turner never cleaned out his locker after the close of the 2016 season and continued to work out at Dodger Stadium.
- Blowout Buzz shares a bunch of preview pics of Topps 2017 Bunt Baseball card set; including the Clayton Kershaw card on the right. Go here to check out more pics. This set comes out on May 10th.
- Adding more to their scouting staff. Per Matthew Moreno at Dodger Blue; "Dodgers Rumors: L.A. To Hire Former Blue Jays Scouting Director Brian Parker."
- A couple Dodgers minor league transaction. Via Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA; "Dodgers sign Steve Geltz as minor league free agent." He's a right-handed reliever with limited Major League experience. Uhlman also adds that the, "Dodgers sign Fabio Castillo to minor league contract." He's a 27-year old right-handed pitcher.
- An old friend alert. Via Steve Adams at MLB trade Rumors; "Nationals Hire De Jon Watson As Special Assistant."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *