Joc Pederson is mashing the ball this spring. Yesterday afternoon he launched his third homer in March. Per Adam McCalvy at MLB.com:
"I've been working on my swing, my path to the ball, and it's encouraging to see it pay off in the game," said Pederson, who leads the club with three home runs.Pederson also chats about his leadoff home run with Kelli Tennant of SportsNet LA in an interview that you can see here. Photo above via SportsNet LA on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
"His approach is really consistent, he's not trying to pull the ball too much," manager Dave Roberts said of Pederson. "When he's going hard up the middle, like the line drive to the shortstop [in the third inning], we know he's in a good place."
- This Day in Dodger History: In 1943 he Brooklyn Dodgers received soon-to-be Hall of Fame centerfielder Lloyd "Little Poison" Waner from the Phillies in exchange for veteran infielder Babe Dahlgren.
- Happy Birthday, Rube Yarrison, Arky Vaughan, Terry Mulholland, Koyie Hill & Willy Aybar!
- Audio: Listen to Justin Turner with David Vassegh on Dodger Talk to discuss his beard, grooming, offseason rust and more. (Audio Link)
- Video: Rich Hill speaks with the media after giving up three earned runs and four walks in 1.2 innings pitched against the Brewers on Wednesday. (Link Here)
- It's now official. Ten regular season Dodger games will be televised on KTLA5, per Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
Wednesday, April 5, 6:30 p.m., vs. San Diego Padres
Sunday, April 9, 12:00 p.m., at Colorado Rockies
Wednesday, April 12, 5:00 p.m., at Chicago Cubs
Sunday, April 16, 1:00 p.m., vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Tuesday, April 18, 6:30 p.m., vs. Colorado Rockies
Wednesday, April 19, 7:00 p.m., vs. Colorado Rockies
Sunday, April 23, 1:00 p.m., at Arizona Diamondbacks
Sunday April 30, 1:00 p.m., vs. Philadelphia Phillies
Wednesday May 3, 6:00 p.m., vs. San Francisco Giants
Sunday, May 7, 1:00 p.m., at San Diego Padres
- The Dodgers unveiled another game giveaway. See it on the right. It is a Dodgers knit cap, and it will be give out to fans on Tuesday, April 18th against the Rockies. Go here for a complete promotional schedule.
- Via Doug Padilla at ESPN; "For Adrian Gonzalez, playing for Mexico is like coming home."
"I put myself in the shoes of when I'm watching the World Cup and I'm rooting for Mexico," Gonzalez says. "I feel like somebody else is out there doing the same thing for us. When Team Mexico scores a goal, I'm celebrating, cheering and having a good time with it. I feel like if we do well to score a run, or take the lead, somebody somewhere in the world is doing the same thing and that's what you want to do."
- Per Eric Stephen at True Blue LA; "Ross Stripling ready for any role with Dodgers."
"We haven't talked specific roles, but I'd be up for anything. I did it last year and I enjoyed it,” Stripling said. “Anything works for me, whether it's a long man, just a one-inning guy, or whatever. I'll just come in and throw curveballs to righties.”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *