- Check out this new Dodger blog from a fan on the East Coast called Dodger Blue 162.
- You have got to check out LAist's interview with Dodger bullpen coach Rob Flippo.
- Check out these great photos from Photo Day at Dodger Stadium: From Linda 1 & 2. Vin Scully Is My Homeboy. SOSG.
- Listen to Jon Miller praise Vin Scully as he imitates him in Japanese. (Hat Tip: Pedro's Sports Short)
- The "Beat LA" chant started in Boston.. Who knew?
The Lakers were the first target of “Beat L.A!” and they weren’t even within earshot when it began. It started in the old Boston Garden, the memorable, but now-demolished home of the Celtics, their arch rivals. But it was directed at the Philadelphia 76ers, who were about to eliminate Boston in the 1982 Eastern Conference finals.Hat Tip: Diamond Notes:
- Saturn through spacecraft Cassini's eyes. Go to Boston.com for more pics.
- Malingering, of Flickr fame, has a blog called Malingering's World. She always has some great Dodger pics, as well as other random photos.
- Would it be a surprise if a vast majority of vintage Hall of Fame (and current stars) Baseball autographs are fake? The biggest shame in the industry is it's past willingness to ignore this festering sore. (I'm looking at you- Sports Collectors Digest!) Most of you may be surprised to know that a seemingly legit card manufacturer like Upper Deck has been caught up in the growing scandal. (When they are unwilling to release the sources for some of their autos which are obvious fakes [or autopens or secretarials], then you've got to be very weary.) Fortunately, hobbyist and many experts are coming together to root out this dishonest behavior. Tom Tresh has made it his mission to expose autograph fraud at Coach's Corner Auctions (I advise you to never buy from them) and eBay on YouTube. Autograph Alert is also a very good source, but soon there will be another. Autograph specialist, Ron Keurajian, is putting out a large book that will be a major study of every member of the Hall of Fame and their signatures.
- Most valuable Baseball teams by Forbes.
- Sports Locker does a book review on "Baseball's Ferocious Gentleman"- a biography on Branch Rickey.
- A dog takes a dump on the field during a game and gets ejected.
- BYOBW (Bring Your Own Big Wheel) extravaganza during this past Easter Sunday in San Francisco. (Hat Tip: My buddy Mike who makes an appearance at the 0:27 mark.)
YouTube Link: UselessDesiresMusic:
- I always get the impression that most folks don't really understand the theory of evolution (including myself), so when I came across this video I felt it was a my duty to pass it along. (Hat Tip: Little Green Footballs)
YouTube Link: QualiaSoup: