- Will Ohman has bee released. His option with the Dodgers for 2010 has been declined and his contract was bought out.
- Great pic of a Dodger fan from twitter: @DodgerLadies.
- I'm hoping for a quick recovery for rising soccer star Charlie Davies after a deadly car crash this past week.
- Zack Hample visited the MLB Network and has pictures to prove it.
- Here's a nice story about Josh Gibson in the NY Times. (Hat Tip: Vin Scully is My Homeboy) Below is his one and only known vintage Baseball card, a 1950-1951 Toleteros from Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, it came out several years after his death. There is no known card produced during his playing days. Vintage collectors still hope one will show up from his playing days in the Mexican Leagues, Puerto Rico, Cuba or the Dominican Leagues.
- The Topps Archives introduces us to the 1956 Topps Western Round-Up non-sport set.
- Giving credit when credit is due. T.S. O'Connell writes a great commentary about the disappointment of not getting the Olympics in Chicago.
- Check out these never before seen photos of the 1969 Miracle Mets.
- College phenom, Stephen Strasburg, pitches 3.1 innings in his professional debut in the Arizona Fall League.
- A Brazilian paint fight.
YouTube Link: SocialChallenge:
Yhea, I'm a geek. Stormtroopers reminisce about the Death Star.
YouTube Link: zyonasan2002: