- Practice both grounder and fly balls. For catching low ball hold hands as at "A." For high ball, hold hand as at "B."
- Right handed batters generally hit to left field. Left handed batters, to right field. Take your position accordingly.
- Develop a good throwing arm. Ball should bounce once on throw to catcher. Line ball into bases.
- When playing the sun field, always try to play the ball off to the side of the sun. In that way you have a better chance of catching the ball.
- Back up your team mates, both infield and outfield, especially watch catchers' throws to pitcher.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
Wheaties: Heinie Manush
This is my 1937 Wheaties card of Brooklyn Dodger Heinie Manush. It measures approximately 8 1/4" x 6" and would be cut out from the back of a Wheaties box. This card provides some tips to the young fan on "Fielding for Extra Outs." Click on the pic above to enlarge it.