How about some Opening Day data to keep your mind sharp. FlipFlopFlyBall put together some great Opening Day stats, see here. I didn't realize that the Reds have opened the season at home every year since 1991. Wow!
For the 2011 season Baseball Musings records some of the 1st from the young 2011 Baseball season.
- First pitch was a called strike.
- CC Sabathia records the first strike out.
- Chipper Jones has the first hit.
- Brian McCann has the first RBI
- Placido Domingo will sing the National Anthem and Davis Gaines will sing God Bless America.
- Auto and stadium gates will both open early on Opening Day and fans are encouraged to carpool and arrive early, as auto gates will open at 1:00 p.m. and stadium gates will open at 1:30 p.m. Fans can also take the free Dodgertown Express Bus Service from Union Station to Dodger Stadium, as they can for every game this season.
- Bill Russell will sign autographs for fans in Autograph Alley.
- Don't be late. The first 50,000 fans at Thursday’s game will receive the below Magnet Schedule.
- If you are at the game be sure to get a copy of Dodgers Magazine. For the first time ever, it will feature a unique Opening Day cover of Kershaw and "The Freak."