- Baseball Analytics looks at why Rafael Furcal hits more home runs against left-hand pitchers than against righties.
- I don't remember this happening, but apparently a drunken Phillies fan fell from the loge seats to the field level seats a couple of years ago. A Dodger fan broke his fall while also breaking his neck in the process. A lawsuit against the Dodgers is ongoing. Beverly Hills Courier has the story. (Hat Tip: LA Times Dodgers Blog)
- Why wearing a Baseball cap backwards is dumb, via Carpe Diem. (Hat Tip: Baseball Musings)
- Punk Rock Paint does it again. Here is the first of what I am sure will be many cards within his fantasy Star Wars Retro Baseball card set.
- Check out a telepathic horse, "Lady Wonder," from the late 20's at If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger...
- From Baseball Musings, a Baseball documentary on YouTube worth watching.
My dad (who has Parkinson’s Disease) and I road-tripped 20,000 miles over two months to see a game at each of the 30 MLB parks back in 2004. We made the trip on less than a shoestring budget, hosting tailgate parties with donated or discounted food, drink and tickets to raise money to make it to the next park. “Boys of Summer”, the documentary made from this experience... It is now available on YouTube as part of my thesis for my Journalism & Media Studies master’s program at the University of Nevada Las Vegas.