Also, be sure to enter the last Beatles CD contest that concludes this evening. Go here to win Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band by making a comment to enter the drawing.
- Vin Scully is My Homeboy has 7 videos up featuring Don Mattingly giving hitting tips.
- Here's a brilliant Star Wars Night poster from Left Field Pavilion.
- Check out Edgar's story about getting a Tommy Lasorda autograph at My Autograph Signing. It was a bad time. Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy has even more fan comments. From my own experience, Tommy is not a cheerful signer. Although, I'm surprised he acted that way with children. I had always seen him express his disdain towards adult males asking for autographs- he always seemed so willing to sign for women and children. In fact, the only time I actually tried to get his auto (and thankfully succeeded) was when a line formed in front of his golf cart one afternoon during a Spring Training game in Vero Beach. This was shortly after revelations about an escort hit the airwaves so I figured this was a way to ameliorate the situation.
- Sports Collectors Daily looks back at the 1991 National Sports Collectors Convention in Anaheim. I too recall it being an absolute madhouse. My only regret was not getting a table for the show. Mad money was made that weekend. I had just entered college and was slowly moving away from the hobby and card business. One of these days I'll have to write about what it was like to be a teenage entrepreneurial card dealer in the late 80's in Southern California.
- The man known as Steve Sax at Sons of Steve Garvey worked the press box last night and puts up some post-game notes, here. From Kershaw:
"It's flattering to be mentioned in the Cy Young discussion, but honestly I'm not thinking about it much. I don't have personal goals, I think it's kind of limiting. I will enjoy this win tonight and come back tomorrow...I've got five starts left and a lot can happen."
- Now check out Sax's pre-game notes; including some videos from the field.
- Are Juan Uribe and Jonathon Broxton Done? Via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
- Nick Diunte puts up part 4 of his interview with Carl Erskine where he speaks about Roy Campanella. Below if a video of this interview.