- Longtime Dodger fan Larry King is canceling his season tickets due to McCourt, via Farther Off the Wall.
- Dodgers ask whether ownership is affecting season-ticket renewal, via Bill Shaikin of LA Times.
- Bob Lemke recalls what happened to some of the relics from Ebbets Field.
The TSN article did have other specifics, though. It was mentioned that $2,300 was realized in the auction. By far the biggest bid was for the cornerstone, purchased for $600 by then-president of the National League, Warren Giles.
The Ebbets Field cornerstone was described as about 3' by 4' by 1', cut from red-brown Connecticut Granite. After considerable effort, the stone was busted open and a copper box extracted.
- Panini enters the Baseball card market. They will be releasing Baseball cards, licensed by MLBPA, later this year.
- Jesse at Los Angeles Inspiration was a big winner during the Dodgers #SocialSeptember. Congrats!
- In LA Kings news, standout franchise defenseman is now officially a holdout. Damn you Drew! Read the interview with Kings GM about this situation at LA Kings Insider. In my opinion, a 7 year deal at $6.8mil is more than fair- way more than fair!
- Nick Diunte puts up Part 5 of his interview with Carl Erskine. And watch the video below.