- Did you know McCourt tried to buy the Angels?From Bloomberg:
(McCourt) wanted to bid for the Anaheim Angels in 2003, according to a person involved with the latter transaction, who asked not to be identified because of ongoing business relationships with MLB. This person says McCourt wanted to make a nothing-down offer for the Angels, eventually purchased by billboard magnate Arte Moreno for $180 million.(Hat Tip: Halos Heaven)
- Via SCD, the FBI has charged 6 dealers for fraud related to game-used uniforms and jerseys. This part of the memorabilia market is rife with problems.
- Dodgers BK trial has been delayed, via Steve Dilbeck of LA Times.
- Dodger Thoughts remembers Hong-Chih Kuo.
- Dodger Divorce analyzes the two BK plans.
- An extremely rare Ty Cobb tobacco tin is found hidden in a closet, via Sports Collectors Digest.
- Check out this story about David Kohler's Lakers collection from SCD.
- Here are some vintage Brooklyn Dodger newsreels. Unfortunately, no sound, but stillg reat.