Here is a great looking 2011 Topps Triple Threads Roy Campanella card on eBay featuring a bat knob- actually, it's the end of the bat, not the nob. Still, this is pretty cool. Unfortunately, the seller wants thousands for it. (Auction Link)
- Dodgers sign reliever Wil Ledezma to a minor league contract, via MLB Trade Rumors.
- Opinion of Kingman's Performance reminds us of Jason Romano. I had forgotten all about his one-out punch in the outfield.
- Jonathan Broxton is not returning, via Steve Dilbeck at LA Times. This was not unexpected, but it sucks that we will end up getting nothing in return.
- 'Who Slipped Willie the Mickey, October 3, 1962,' is a reprinted article featured on Sunday in the SF Chronicle and originally written by Charles McCabe. It spreads a rumor about a scheme to stop the Giants rise that year. (Hat Tip: Steve Dilbeck/LA Times)
"The outfielder signs. A big thing. Like he's giving away money or something. And while he's doing this, young Capone is walking over to his bed and putting the mickey in the oatmeal."
- Are you aching for some basketball? Well, Jesse at LA Inspiration was at the LAUNFD charity basketball game this weekend hosted by Baron Davis and Tina Thompson.
- Check out some pics from the Wisconsin Baseball Hall of Fame at Carson Park in Eau Claire, via Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius.
- Are you a football collector? Check out the Vintage Football Card Gallery for a peek at what looks like photos of just about every old football card ever made.
- Address is Approximate. Just a fun short movie.