- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts writes about the 1981 Dodgers and the recent reunion cards show this past weekend.
- LA Times names Sandy Koufax the greatest sports figure in LA history.
- Check out these great photos from the 1981 reunion show at Vin Scully is My Homeboy. And more here.
- True Blue LA reviews the 2011 Chattanooga Lookouts season.
- Bloomberg says that Time Warner is considering making a bid too.
- Landon Evanson recalls his interview with the great Buck O'Neil at Bugs & Cranks. This is a great read!
- Federal Game Used Jersey Probe Cast a Suspicious Eye on Card Manufacturers. A commentary by Gellman at Sportscards Uncensored.
- National Hockey Card Day is coming to America in February, via Cardboard Connection.
- Most hobbies are harmless. This mans hobby got him arrested. He tried to built a nuclear reactor at his home. Via treehugger.
- Check out some great vintage photos taken by a fan of the Jaba sail barge set from Return of the Jedi, via Giant Freakin Robot.
Back in the spring of 1982 when a Star Wars fan Mike Davis heard rumors that production on a movie called Blue Harvest: Horror Beyond Imagination was out in the desert, filming in a Southern California region known as Buttercup Valley. Mike decided to go camping in the desert nearby and check it out. He started hiking with his friends and this is what they found.See even more photos here at Prop Store.
Wednesday, November 09, 2011
Blog Kiosk: 11/9/2011
Former Dodger Lee Lacy hanging out with Student Run LA at Banning High. (Pic via @SRLA twitter)