- James Loney had a run-in with the law last month. TMZ has the story. LA Times has some info also. Apparently, no drugs or alcohol were involved, which portends to something else. On the other hand, Occam's Razor tells me that the toil that comes naturally from being in an accident is the most likely reason for his behavior (crossing fingers, here). Nevertheless, let's speculate. Strangely, he continued to tweet. Assuming this is actually him, on the day of the incident he wrote this (likely before the confrontation):It seems obvious that something important happened- a growing experience of some sort. What is it? Who knows? Maybe he was tweeting while driving. What we do know is that his tweeting didn't stop. Loney continued to tweet daily starting the very next day after his hospitalization. Strange stuff, indeed. Stranger when you consider that he hung out with Charlie Sheen a week later at a charity poker tournament, has a inclination towards self help advise, loved the ESPN film 'Unguarded' that's about a athlete recovering from addiction, and loves wacky radio shows where he slaps a DJ on the butt. All of this after getting arrested for an accident and acting strangely. See, gossip writing can be fun.
- A veiled thread that the Dodgers may be facing a $1Billion lawsuit from Fox, via tweet: @BillShaikin.
- Kirk Gibson will be Grand Marshall of the Fiesta Bowl Parade, via Big League Stew.
- Say hello to the twitter account of Dodgers prospect Logan Bawcom.
- Japanese phenom pitcher Yu Darvish to be posted, via MLB Trade Rumors. I'd like to see the Dodgers bid, but I know they won't.
- Just another reason to hate the current Dodgers situation. CJ Wilson basically said he is a Dodger fan and would have come here, everything else being equal. (Tweet Link: @jorgearangure)
- Manny Ramirez marketing himself, via tweet: @BobKlap.
- Dodger make Harang signing official, vis Dodgers Press Release.
"Aaron gives us added depth and another veteran arm to add to our starting rotation," said Colletti. "He had a solid year with the Padres last season and his addition gives us an experienced one through five heading into Spring Training."
- Here is an old video from the Matt Kemp contract announcement. He declares that his bow tie is a clip on. LOL!
Thursday, December 08, 2011
Blog Kiosk: 12/8/2011
Panini shared some preview images of their upcoming Baseball set called 2011 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Baseball cards. Above is the '2 Sports Star' card of top Dodgers prospect Zach Lee.