- Left Field Pavilion shares even more family photos from Jim Brewer.
- This story is useless without photos- Tony Jackson at ESPN documents a recent spate of clubhouse jokes played by some Dodgers players.
- Chris Jaffe at The Hardball Times put together a great listing of career highlights of Harry Wendelstedt that includes some Dodger moments.
Aug. 1, 1971: Wendlestedt is the man behind the plate in a game that ends in one of the strangest ways possible, and the circumstances directly involve Wendlestedt. The Reds lose to the Dodgers, 5-4 in 11 innings, with the winning run scoring on a walk-off catcher’s interference call. There’s one you don’t see too often. Manny Mota tried to steal home, and Reds catcher Johnny Bench came out to block the plate, causing Wendlestedt’s call. The Reds, as you can imagine, didn’t like it.
- Evan Bladh at Opinion of Kingman's Performance visited the Dodgers minor club in Ogden, Utah.
- The man who caught and returned Derek Jeter's 3,000th hit gets his own Topps Baseball card. Check it out in Beckett. Apparently, they are available in current packs of 2012 Topps Opening Day cards and are very scarce.
- Check out the history of the Nintendo Game Controller at Holy Taco.
- Did you love the Brady Bunch? Yhea... admit it... you watched it faithfully, too. Well, All About Cards features the complete 2011 Brady Bunch set for your enjoyment.
- DodgerFilms unveils their season tickets.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Blog Kiosk: 3/13/2012
The Dodgertown Classic is today at Dodger Stadium. If you're aching for some Baseball head on over to catch the UCI Anteaters play against the Pepperdine Waves at 2:00 PM or USC versus UCLA at 6:30 this evening. More details are available here. $12.00 same day tickets are available.