I still have a Stanley Cup hangover. If you do too, then you'll enjoy these pics by Dodgers photographer Jon SooHoo/ LA Dodgers 2012 from when the Kings brought the Stanley Cup to the stadium last week. See a bunch of pics from that afternoon, here.
- Help Support the Fergie Jenkins Foundation, via 30-Year Old Cardboard.
"In an effort to raise funds for the various charities that they support, the Fergie Jenkins Foundation will be holding monthly online auctions in which they will be auctioning off baseball memorabilia and autographed items as well as items from other sports."
Go here to see everything available; including a autographed Clayton Kershaw Baseball and Marcus Allen football.
- GCRL makes a Jim Gilliam card that should have been inserted into 1979 Topps cards.
- Vin Scully, on Tommy Lasorda's Stubborness- via Sons of Steve Garvey.
- Tony Jackson at ESPN writes "2012 Dodgers Inspiring Memories of 1988.
"It's a lot like my 1988 team," Lasorda said. "We didn't have an overabundance of guys who were great, but we had guys who were great together, and I think that is what you are seeing now. At least that is what I see."
Well, it's what I see, too. And I have a strong suspicion that a lot of other people are seeing the same thing.
- Big League Stew tells us about a soldiers surprise at Dodger Stadium on Fathers Day.
- Cardboard Junkie points out a must have for any card collector, and I couldn't agree more. Long live Bip Roberts!
- Matt Kemp on Jimmy Kimmel. Part 1. (Hat Tip: LA Blue Crew)
Matt Kemp on Jimmy Kimmel. Part 2.