- Jbox at the Padres blog Gaslamp Ball affirms that they could never root for the Dodgers- even if Adrian Gonzalez is on the team. He shares a couple of videos; including an interview with Adrian.
- Tom Verducci at Sports Illustrated shares who he thinks are the winners and losers of the Big Trade.
- Chris Jaffe at Hardball Times marks the 10th Anniversary of Odalis Perez's Big Day.
10 years ago today, Odalis Perez had quite a day for himself. A decade ago, he barely needed his teammates to win a game – which is nice because they barely helped him.
- Jonah Keri at Grantland writes, "The Dodgers Make it Rain."
The Dodgers don't give a rat's ass about supposedly smart versus supposedly dumb ways to build a roster. They're perfectly cool with losing the dollars-per-WAR championship. And if actions and words are any indications, they don't care about any damn luxury tax either. They want to win, they have money, and they're going to spend it.
- I guess extension talks with Clayton Kershaw will begin soon. Via Aaron Gleeman at Hardball Talk we get this choice quote from a Dylan Hernandez article.
Yeah, sure, I’m always open to talks. I’ve had a great time here. I love the guys and I love everything about L.A. I’ll be here for two more years regardless. There’s no deadline or anything, so that’s good.
- Check out this fantasy card. Things Done to Cards creates a Tony Micelli (Tony Danza) Baseball card. It's awesome!
- Kevin Kaduk at Big League Stew mentions that the Dodgers were also after CC Sabathia and Mark Tiexeira.
- Howard Cole shares another page from his vintage Dodgers scrapbook.
- The Other Paper makes note of a great play made during the Little League World Series.
- Vintage Sportscards shares some old Japanese Menko cards he got at The National.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *