Here is a photo shared by Tommy Lasorda on twitter of a caricature of himself in the Baseball Cafe in the Tokyo Dome.
- Are you looking for some Dodger Talk? Well, now you can listen to the show this winter- starting this coming Wednesday, via a Dodgers press release.
The Dodgers announced today that starting Wednesday, October 31, Dodger Spanish-language broadcaster Jorge Jarrín will host a one-hour weekly show on AM 570 FOX Sports LA, “Dodger Talk – Offseason Edition.” The AM 570 Fox Sports LA program will air each Wednesday from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. Fans will have access to the latest Dodger news, interviews with Dodger players, coaches and front office executives. The inaugural guest on “Dodger Talk – Offseason Edition” next Wednesday is All-Star first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.
- Matt Kemp's shoulder was worse than the doctors imagined, via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"When I hurt it, I asked the doctors if I could damage it more by playing with it and they said no, so I kept playing, and when they got in there they were surprised that I could play with it. It was worse than they thought," said Kemp in his first comments to the media since the operation.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA has the 2013 tentative Camelback Ranch Spring Training schedule.
- With all of the Shohei Otani talk recently Mike Rosenbaum at the Bleacher Report wonders how he ranks when compared to Yu Darvish and other prospects.
- Dodgers assistant GM Logan White seems to believe he would be a No. 1 draft pick if he was in the USA, via the Dallas Morning News.
While answering a question about Otani's impending free agency, (Jim) Callis referenced a meeting between Dodgers assistant GM Logan White and the Japanese media in September. White told the assembled press that Otani "had the talent to be the top overall choice in the MLB draft."
- Via Nate Aderhold at Baseball Nation, since Otani was drafted by the Nippon Ham Fighters he would be ineligible to sign with any MLB club until April 2013. So, everything is premature at this point.
- LA Kings broadcaster Bob Miller writes a great article at LA Kings Insider about some of the old stadiums that no longer exist.
As the interview started, Red Wing fans started throwing glass bottles from the upper deck. When one crashed close to Pete and Marcel, Pete said on the air, ‘This is London’ as reporters did during the bombing of that city during World War II. Pete quickly decided to end the interview and he and Marcel got safely off the ice.
- Ryan G at This Card is Cool finds a really cool card in Japan. It's a Upper Deck/Kellogg Japanese card of old friend Takashi Saito in a Dodgers uniform. Awesome! And it can be yours for the right trade.
- WAGs of the 2012 World Series, via Busted Coverage.
- PSA just rolled out a new online resource for the autograph collector called PSA Autograph Facts.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *