I'm always excited when Topps releases their flagship Baseball card set before the season starts. It's the ultimate benchmark indicating that the season is just around the corner. Check out another Dodgers preview card Topps shared on facebook of a autographed Dee Gordon card above.
- Dodgers President Stan Kasten has written a letter to the fans. Check it out here.
- Baseball America ranks the Dodgers Top 10 Prospects. Brandon Lennox at True Blue LA analyzes it, a bit.
- Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts has a revised version of '100 Things Dodgers Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die' coming out. This is a must read for any Dodger fan!
- Mark Langill, the Dodgers official historian, tells us that on this date in 1950 Jackie Robinson signed a $35,000 contract, making him the highest paid Dodger in history.
- Jon SooHoo has a bunch of photos from last nights Don Mattingly charity event.
- All Trade Bait (or is it Stealing Home or Why We Fight. I dunno.) gets inspired by Night Owl with an excellent post relating Dodgers Baseball cards to 20 different movies. He starts off with movies number #20 to #15.
- Bob Lemke shares an outrageous Baseball story. In 1950, Los Angeles Angels (of the PCL) outfielder Stan Spence missed a game due to a ruse likely perpetrated by a known gambler. BTW folks, this is one of the reason why the "no gambling in Baseball" rule is so stringent. Baseball and gambling have a long and storied past together, going all the way back to the 1870's when Jim Devlin apologized to Baseball pioneer Harry Wright for throwing games.
- The cinematography in this video is stunningly beautiful. "Return of the Sun"
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *