Happy Valentines day, Dodger fans! Pic via twitter @Dodgers.
- Ken Rosenthal at Fox writes a great piece on Zack Greinke- the Baseball Junkie.
- Terence Moore at MLB.com tells us that according to Lasorda's gospel, pennants are won in the Spring.
"Spring Training is where you develop every aspect of the game. You develop unity. You develop hard work. You develop self-confidence. You've got to make them believe they'll finish No. 1.
"You win the pennant in Spring Training."
- Michael Barr at RotoGraphs takes a look at the Dodgers outfield depth.
- Mike Piazza blames Vin Scully for turning the fans against him? Wha....? Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times. I think his ire is misplaced. He should be angry at News Corp./Fox Sports. They traded him to gain favor with Florida in order to get a television deal done, then leaked BS rumors to cover their tracks. Remember, Piazza's trade had nothing to do with his contract demands. Instead, it had everything to do with non-Baseball field related business.
- Piazza is all over the news lately, eh? Anyway, he recently spoke with Jay Mohr at AM570 about the steroid issue. Listen to it here.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, writes about the Capuano and Harang starting pitching situation.
- Check out a bunch of photos from Spring Training from Naver.com. And as always, Jon SooHoo puts up his photos from yesterday, here.
- The FanCave contestants have been whittled down to 30, and 2 of the Dodger fans in the running made it through. Congratulations to Jeremy Dorn and Thomas Roberts. Check out my interviews with both of them by clicking their names above.
- Isai Rocha at Dodgers Nation tells us the 5 things that won't be missed in 2013. I wholeheartedly agree with this list.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA speaks with Justin Sellers about his recent arrest.
"It was a big misunderstanding. There was not a helicopter, nothing like that. There were no pedestrians in the area. They did me wrong. It was horrible. I felt, man, this was not good," Sellers said. "There are bigger crimes out there then messing with me on a dirt bike."
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA informs us that they will be using a humidor in Albuquerque.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *