Check out a bunch of hopefuls trying out for the Dodgers at yesterday open tryout, in the photo above. It was taken by Dodgers' photographer Jon SooHoo. More photos can be seen here.
- 'From Rookies to Legends, Sandy Koufax Leaves his Mark,' via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"When I came back to the organization in 2001, one of the major goals was to get the Dodgers back to the way they taught pitching for so many years," said pitching coach Rick Honeycutt. "They had gotten away from it, from the way it was taught by the great pitching coaches like Red Adams, Ron Perranoski, Dave Wallace and Sandy.
- Clayton Kershaw regrets not playing for Team USA in the WBC, via Mark Saxon at ESPN.
"That's a huge honor to get to do that. I would have loved to," Kershaw said after his second start of the spring Thursday at Camelback Ranch. "I think I owed it to the team to show I was healthy in spring training, even though I had two starts at 100 percent last year. I wanted to come in and show I'm 100 percent great and I know they didn't feel great about me going.
"Hopefully, in four years I'll get the honor to do it again, but I'll definitely have regrets watching it."
- Alex Cora at Sons of Steve Garvey relays a funny story about Kershaw signing a jersey for fan.
- Carl Crawford has been shut down, via Mark Saxon at ESPN.
- LIFE online shares a bunch of great vintage photos of a Dodgers Spring Training in 1948.
But the rather jarring racial uniformity aside, the photos in the gallery serve as a welcome reminder of the game’s inimitable appeal for fans who might have forgotten why they first fell in love with baseball in the first place: the sound of bat against ball, and ball against glove; the mingled smells of wood, dirt, grass and leather; warm sunshine, and the cool of the dugout; the thrill of competition and the beauty of teamwork; the pure geometry of the diamond — all of these pleasures are, to varying degrees, illustrated or suggested in Silk’s spirited pictures.
- Check out this great vintage photos, as shared by carver1976 on reddit, of Ebbets Field. As you can see, they are in the midst of completing construction of the fabled stadium.
- Watch Vin Scully's chat with Sandy Koufax in the video below.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *