- Entertainment will begin at 12:15 PM and auto and stadium gates open at 10:00 AM. The game against the Giants starts at 1:15 PM.
- Opening Day pregame highlights will include the unveiling of two new high-definition video boards with a historical look back at Dodger Stadium’s scoreboards leading into “A Whole New Blue” season-launching performance by the Blue Man Group. Dixieland and Mariachi bands located in new plaza areas throughout the ballpark will provide live entertainment for fans entering Dodger Stadium gates.
- A pregame recognition of the Dodgers’ 1963 and 1988 Championship seasons is planned, with this season marking the 50th and 25th anniversaries respectively of each milestone.
- A special Opening Day video chronicling the journey of the Opening Day first-pitch baseball will feature notable Los Angeles athletes and celebrities. The first pitch baseball’s journey will conclude with the ceremonial first pitch at Dodger Stadium.
- The United States Marine Corps Mounted Color Guard stationed at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Barstow will present our nation’s colors riding on Palomino-colored wild mustangs from the Bureau of Land Management’s Adopt –A- Horse program. One hundred fifty uniformed personnel from the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and Coast Guard will unfurl a giant flag on the field during the national anthem.
- All fans seated in the Right and Left Field Pavilions will participate in an interactive card stunt during the game, a first for Dodger Stadium. This can be a rowdy bunch, so I hope this works out.
- The Dodgers will pay tribute to the men and women of our nation’s Armed Forces by honoring a “Veteran of the Game.” Opening Day’s veteran of the game is United States Marines Corps Corporal Fernando Salazar of Monterey Park. Salazar joined the Marine Corps in 2000 and served as a machine gun squad leader with Alpha Company, 4th Battalion, 4th Marines during Operation Enduring Freedom and RCT I, the first group to enter Iraq for which he was awarded the Navy Achievement medal with a Combat V for Valor, which can only be issued during a time of war.
- New to Dodger Stadium concessions are LA Taqueria (Reserve Level) and Elysian Park Grill (Two locations on Reserve level and Top of Park). LA Taqueria will offer items including Fish Tacos and Street Style Carne Asada and Pork Carnitas Tacos. Elysian Park Grill will offer a Dodger Blue Heaven Burger, Kids Grilled Cheese, Santa Fe Turkey Burger and the new Brooklyn Dodger Dog, an east coast take on the classic Dodger Dog.
- Loaded Dog Concessions are back with several new options and vegetarian-friendly items include the Veggie Dog.
- Soft serve, garlic fries, kid-friendly items and ICEE will be available on the Reserve, Top Deck levels and throughout the stadium. More than 30 items are priced at $6 or less.
- Official Team Merchandise Stores locations - left and right field tent stores, Top of the Park and Reserve - will now open 2 hours prior to game time.
- The Reserve level third base side store has been enhanced extensively and will offer merchandise for all ages. There are several season-long in-store promotions that make Dodger Stadium the most affordable retail location to purchase Dodger merchandise.
- For the first time, there will be several carts that will assist in transporting the disabled, seniors and families with young children from the parking lots to the ticket gates. There will also be gate greeters to assist fans with questions as they enter stadium gates in addition to ambassadors at parking gate entrances.
- Additionally, family restrooms have been added and there are now dedicated fan service locations throughout the stadium.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *