This coming Thursday is Dodgers Pride Night at the LA Kings game at the Staples Center, and the team will be wearing the above Dodgers-styled uniforms during the pregame warmups. I'll do my best to arrive early to take photos. Pic above via twitter @Bailey LA Kings.
- You should check out Jon SooHoo's photos from Jackie Robinson Night at Dodger Stadium last night. See them all right here.
- Via Henry Schulman at SFGate, "You don’t have to be African American to owe Jackie Robinson your thanks."
- Carl Crawford wore some special shoes yesterday in honor of Jackie Robinson. See them below. Via Sid Ashford at Nice Kicks:
For the 66th Anniversary of this illustrious achievement, Jordan Brand supplied a few of their athletes, including CC Sabathia, Jimmy Rollins and Carl Crawford, with special Jordan 6 Rings PEs dressed in Dodger blue with Robinson’s “42″ embroidered on the heel.
- UCLA unveiled a new mural at their Baseball stadium,via Matthew DeBord at KPCC.
- On Jackie Robinson Night Vin Scully reflected back on his interview with Branch Rickey, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- Clay Fowler at SVGTribune writes of how the "Boston Marathon explosions affect first baseman Adrian Gonzalez."
"Knowing that she was about to run in the marathon and I know that some of the guys even go and meet people at the finish line after the game, so you know, that's basically where it happened. So, you know, it's such a terrible thing." Gonzalez said. "It's definitely surreal. You don't think people have that kind of a heart to do something so bad."
- "Ryu to establish ‘HJ99’ charity fund for children," via Chun Sung-woo at the Korea Herald.
- In Dodgers roster moves, Shawn Tolleson has been placed on the DL and Josh Wall has been called up in his place, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- Matt Hurst at Out of Ink puts up an interview he had with former Dodgers Talk host and writer of a new Dodger book called "Miracle Men", Josh Suchon.
Q: What were some of the reactions from the players/coaches/organization when you told them you were writing this book and started bringing up these memories for them?
A: A lot of excitement. Almost everybody said they looked forward to reading the book and wanted me to send them a copy. Vin Scully told me that after I talked with him, that he looked forward to reading about things he’d forgotten, and that gave me goose bumps. It made me realize that I was onto something really good here. It also increased the pressure that I better deliver a quality product. If all these people from that 1988 team are excited to read the book, I better not let them down.
- New Era released a great video in honor of Jackie Robinson yesterday. Watch it below. It's titled, "First Changes Everything."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *