This sounds like a great cause, and you get to visit (in my opinion) the best sports museum in Southern California. Heck, it's likely the best sports museum this side of Cooperstown. Check out details of this charitable event below- from a press release:
The Zimmer Children’s Museum is proud to announce Jackie Robinson Triple Play Day on Saturday, April 13th, 2013. This exclusive family-friendly event celebrates Jackie Robinson Day, which is observed nationally on April 15th to commemorate the day he broke the color barrier in American baseball. The event will be held at The Sports Museum of Los Angeles (1900 S. Main Street Los Angeles CA 90007), which is viewed by invitation only and features a 32,000 square foot private collection of unique and rare sports memorabilia. For a limited time, the museum is featuring an exquisite collection of Jackie Robinson and Negro League memorabilia in honor of Jackie Robinson.
Jackie Robinson Triple Play Day will consist of a two-part engagement; a VIP Tour, Panel and Lunch and an Afternoon Community Viewing Party:
All proceeds from the event go to support youTHink, a program of the Zimmer Children’s Museum, which empowers young people to find their voice, be leaders and take action in their communities.
- The mid-day VIP program (11:00am-2:00pm) includes an exclusive VIP tour hosted by museum owner and collector Gary Cypres, as well as a speakers’ panel of baseball legends past and present.
- In the afternoon (2:00pm-6:00pm), the museum will be accessible to the greater Los Angeles community for self-guided tours with activities for youth, food and fun.
Tickets for the VIP Tour, Celebrity Sports Panel and Lunch are $350 for adults and $150 for children. General admission tickets are $50 for adults and $25 for children. For more information and to purchase tickets visit sports.zimmermuseum.org.
BTW, The Sports Museum of Los Angeles is closed to the public, so this is a great opportunity to check this place out. Frankly, it's a must see.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *