Here's an early peek at the Vin Scully bobblehead that will be given out on July 25th. So young and dashing, wouldn't you say?
- ICYMI, I put together a bunch of the best Vin Scully tweets from last nights game, here.
- Sax at Sons of Steve Garvey shares the story behind how they got the "All Hail Vin" photo last week.
- Brian Costa at the Wall Street Journal tells us how "Scully Was Nearly a Yankee: A Move That Could Have Altered the Course of Baseball History".
But nearly half a century ago, he faced a decision that could have dramatically altered the course of his career. Like so many marquee players that would elect free agency in the decades that followed, Scully had to decide: Should I sign with the Yankees?
- I also shared an interview with Aaron Roberts, the Dodger fan rep in the MLB FanCave, about the day Yasiel Puig came to visit. Check that out here.
- Night Owl Cards writes, "Dodgers and Yankees don't mix".
- Keeping in mind that a vast majority of trade rumors are just bunk, Ross Gamer at Dodgers Nation passes along a rumor about a potential deal for Andre Ethier.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts writes, "Bill James on the 1981 Dodgers".
- Jerry Crasnick at ESPN writes, "Yasiel Puig truly an amazing talent: It's been quite a ride so far for Dodgers' 22-year-old rookie Cuban sensation".
- David Davis at SB Nations writes about the lost 1988 World Series Gibson home run ball.
- Orel at Sons of Steve Garvey tells us about Fernando's most recent pitch job.
- Manny Ramirez has just been released by his Taiwanese ballclub. Not due to poor play - he had MVP style numbers - but due to homesickness. Via CSNNE.com. Of course, there's a chance that another opportunity arose from somewhere else.
- Here is a great video of the Kings saying "Thank You".
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *