Check out a happy Clayton Kershaw just before the start of the All-Star game. Pic via twitter @Dodgers.
- Roberto at Vin Scully Is My Homeboy tells us about the upcoming 2013 Shrine of the Eternals Induction Day ceremony on Sunday, July 21st. BTW, blogger Emma Amaya, who writes the Dodger Blue World blog, will be getting the 2013 Hilda Award that recognizes distinguished service to the game by a baseball fan. Congrats Emma!
- Tom Hoffarth at Further Off the Wall shares a great essay from John Paciorek (brother of former Dodgers Tom Paciorek) that was in response to a interview shared over the weekend featuring Tommy Lasorda. Check out that Tommy interview here.
- Via Kevin Baxter at the LA Times, "Sibling rivalry helped push Ricky Nolasco to major league glory".
- "Dodger Stadium wireless improvements a bigger job than anticipated," via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA.
- Gellman at Sports Card Uncensored takes a look at the impact Yasiel Puig will have on the 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball card set.
- The Dodgers make another international signing. Per Ben Badler of Baseball America, they have signed Dominican Infielder Alberto Estrella for $600,000.00.
Estrella, a 16-year-old who has played in the International Prospect League, stands out for his size (6-foot-4, 195 pounds) and righthanded power potential. Estrella, who has spent time at shortstop, might be able to play third base but with his build he could end up at first base or an outfield corner spot.
- Dodgers Beat captured a pic of the Magic Johnson bobblehead the Dodgers will be giving out on September 12th.
ICYMI @MagicJohnson #Dodgers Bobblehead given out September 12 vs #SFGiants pic.twitter.com/sy3XeYzWe4
— DodgersBeat (@DodgersBeat) July 17, 2013
- The September 2013 issue of Beckett features Yasiel Puig. See it below.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *