Zack Greinke was masterful last night as he almost went the distance in a 6 to 2 win over the Cubs last night. The Dodgers "magic number" is now 23. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013. Check out Tony Jackson's story at Dodger Scribe for details about last nights game. Tony also shares postgame videos: Zack Greinke and Don Mattingly.
- "Kenley Jansen's unlikely switch from catcher to closer is helping the Dodgers roll out West," via Tim Brown at Yahoo.
- "Dodgers Manager Don Mattingly on Boston series: We were outplayed," via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
“I want our focus to be like we’ve always talked about,” he said. “Every day grind it out, don’t make mistakes, get better, throw the ball to the right base, take every extra base, don’t give up any extra bases, don’t give up any at-bats. You play every game like that. That’s really the focus I want. That every game is a game we have to win. You don’t take anything for granted.
- Nate Loop at The Runner shares a list of 65 notes on Vin Scully.
- "Visit from Garvey renders Jeong speechless," via Alyson Footer at MLB.com.
- Via Kara Mattingly at 14News.com, "City council approves 'Don Mattingly Way'".
- The Boyond the Boxscore blog puts up competing articles regarding who should win the NL Cy Young award. Neil Weinberg supports Matt Harvey, and Dan Rozenson supports Clayton Kershaw. Obviously, Dan is right. I should also add that considering yesterdays revelation that Harvey will go on the DL with a partially torn UCL, this entire argument is now moot.
- Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy shares some pics from this past weekends autograph session with AJ Ellis at El Tepeya.
- Via Travis Walden at Think Progress, "How I Stumbled On The Little League World Series And Rediscovered The Beauty Of Baseball".
Somehow, though, the entire place still manages to feel organic and pure, like it’s any local youth ballpark on any old Sunday afternoon.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *