Zack Greinke was masterful again, yesterday afternoon. Pic via Jill Weisleder/LA Dodgers 2013.
- In case you were wondering, the Dodgers Magic Number is now 16! We are a Nomo away from the playoffs.
- "Will Padres' September song have Chase Headley playing Dodgers' tune?," via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times.
"You can't help but see what's going on in L.A. and be impressed," Headley said, "with all the talent they have collected and to see how it all has fit together.
"In the beginning, it didn't seem like it fit together at all. Now it seems like they're playing at — I'm not a baseball historian, but it's been a historic pace."
- "Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers CF to extend minor league rehab assignment," via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
"We both want him to be ready. I want to make sure he's feeling good, and is comfortable out there. I talked to him last night and I know he doesn't feel good yet at the plate," Mattingly said. "He's not pushing us to say 'I want to be there tomorrow' or anything else."
- "Yasiel Puig and Skip Schumaker do something nice for young Dodgers fan with leukemia," via David Brown at Big League Stew.
- Gary Joseph Cieradkowski at the Infinite Baseball Card Set makes an awesome Pete Reiser card. "158. Pete Reiser: The Heartbreaking Ballad of Pistol Pete"
- Via ND at Baseball Happenings, "Dodgers infielder Bill Russell makes a putout on autograph seekers." Russell is no longer signing autographs through the mail. I think it's likely somebody wasn't very nice to him.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *