Tonight we have an opportunity to set things right. The game begins at 5:07 PM PST. Please be loud and proud this afternoon. During Don Mattingly's press conference yesterday he said:
"We're a couple of hits away from being up 2-0."I do not disagree with Donnie Baseball's statement. Pic above via @Dodgers on twitter and pic below is of Puig, Lopes and McGwire via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- I might be in the minority here, but I like Steve Lyons. Via his twitter:
I will not return with the Dodgers in any role in '14. Shattered, but not broken. I still LOVE this team.
— Steve Lyons (@SteveLyons12) October 12, 2013
Bill Shaikin of the LA Times also mentions that Eric Collins will also not be coming back.
- Remember, fans attending tonight's game with 4 or more riders get free parking. Also:
Fans who carpool with four or more people will be allowed to use the bus lane approaching Dodger Stadium during the Postseason. #ITFDB
— Dodgers PR (@DodgersPR) October 11, 2013
- "Hanley to have CT scan on ribs after X-rays negative," via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"It hurts and we want to make sure we don't put anything at risk," Ramirez said of Sunday's scheduled test in Los Angeles. "We decided at the last minute [not to start]. I tried all day, did everything we can to play, but it hurt when I tried to hit and it didn't work the way we thought so we decided to get an X-ray.
"I want to make sure I'm able to swing. It was really painful. I took a swing off the tee and it hurt bad. It was getting worse and worse."
He received that CT scan yesterday, but we have yet to hear its results.
- "Dodgers need to take a page from their hated rivals’ book," via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA.
- "Andre Ethier day-to-day with ankle injury," via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- The season isn't even over yet. Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times writes, "Could Tony La Russa replace Don Mattingly as Dodgers manager?"
- True to the Blue recaps the Shawn Green and Paul LoDuca signing this past Saturday.
- Bob Nightengale at USA Today mentions in a story today that Don Mattingly will get an extension. He also mentions that some players are grumbling about his managerial abilities, but I'll say that anonymous sources are a load of BS. I consider this nothing more than a reporter satisfying a theme he's built into his story using conjecture. Folks, this kind of crap happens all the time - just watch cable news, it's filled with it.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers express confidence before Game 3".
"This is a very confident group inside this clubhouse, a very tight-knit group," Punto said. "Inside that clubhouse we're extremely loose. I feel like we're about to break out."
- Jodes0405 at Gaslamp Ball tells us about the opening of Sullivan Family Baseball Research Center in San Diego.
With the opening of the new Central Library in downtown San Diego also came the opening of the Sullivan Family Baseball Research Center, home of the second largest baseball library collection in the world.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *