I have to admit that this is a funny sign from St. Louis. Pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- There's a press conference at Dodger Stadium in an hour and a half with Don Mattingly and Ned Colletti. Maybe we'll get word of a contract extension for Donnie.
- "Too soon for Colletti to focus on sure-to-be-busy winter," via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"It's tough to capsule a season a half hour after it ends, but it was exciting," said Colletti. "Sports are supposed to be entertaining. I think this group was very entertaining in a lot of ways. We won a lot of games, we stuck together in tough times. I'll miss this group. Even if everybody returns, it's never the same group. The dynamics change. That's why I hate to see this season end. It's a special collection of people."
- "Charley Steiner back on TV in 2014, per report," via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- I have no doubt a deal with Kershaw will be made. Via Buster Olney at ESPN, "Kershaw offer in $300M range".
But the negotiations progressed enough that there is confidence among some with knowledge of the talks that a long-term deal -- perhaps more conservative in length than the massive contract initially proposed by the Dodgers -- will be concluded this winter, with a significant portion of money being devoted to a charity of Kershaw's choosing.
- "Adrian Gonzalez says Dodgers need to get home-field advantage if in playoffs next season," via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times.
- "Puig ends wild rookie year with work to do," via Chris Haft at MLB.com.
"Sitting there watching it tonight, and it's what we've kind of watched all year long, it's like you don't have time to work on it, really," Mattingly said. "You kind of go over it and you try to teach. You just continue to try to teach. Not just him, but all of us, really, you know? Yasiel gets excited. He's going to try to make plays all the time, and that's the way he is. But we've got to do a better job, I think, of helping him to mature and understand what we want done and the way to do it."
- Mike Petriello at Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness takes a look st the Dodgers current 40-man roster.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA shares the Dodger payroll.
- Dodger Penguin recaps his autograph experience with former Dodger Stan Williams.
- The LA Kings are giving out some bobbleheads this season, and I am excited. I love bobbleheads! Over at Let's Go King's they unveiled a sneak peak preview pic at the Jay Well Bobble-fist they will be giving out. See it below. Jay Wells is one of my all-time favorite Kings players, so I can't wait for this one.
- 30-Year Old Cardboard tells us about a 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative coin that will be sold by the US Mint.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *