The always popular 2013 Topps Triple Threads set comes out today. Check out a couple of preview images of a Jackie Robinson and Yasiel Puig card provided by Topps on twitter.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA tells us that, "Clayton Kershaw tied for 4th in Sporting News Player of the Year voting".
- "Yasiel Puig Surprises Little League Practice ... Pitches to 8-Year-Olds," via TMZ Sports.
The team of 8-year-olds were getting ready for their usual 5pm practice when Yasiel unexpectedly dropped by the little league fields at Elysian Park, right next to Dodger Stadium, and asked if he could hang out.
- Dodgers Nation put up a great article yesterday about the 1956 Dodgers Goodwill Tour in Japan. I had written about this tour in the past. Check out my story on a vintage Japanese magazine featuring the tour here. Here's my story on the Walter O'Malley exhibit featuring memorabilia from the tour at the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Tokyo. Here's a great photo of Duke, Campy and Jackie signing autographs for Japanese fans during the tour. Take a look at some vintage 1956 Tour of Japan ticket stubs here. In this last post, I share what might be Jackie Robinson's very last home run ball that he hit during the 1956 Tour of Japan.
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA wonders, "How badly does Ricky Nolasco really want to be a Dodger?"
- Five Dodgers are finalist for a 2013 Gold Glove Award. Check out the graphic below, via the Dodgers on tumblr, to see who they are.
- Tracy Hackler at Panini America tells us a little bit about the on their Fall Heroes Baseball card set that includes a chance to win an autographed Yasiel Puig bat. See the bat below.
- Via Collector Perspectives, "Collecting Halloween: The history of Halloween postcards and costumes".
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *