Puig Destroyer is coming out with their 2nd release next week. Check out what the cover art will look like, via Puig Destroyer's facebook. I'll be sure to post up their new album when it comes out.
- Listen to last nights broadcast of Dodger Talk with AJ Ellis, here.
- Via Ron Cervenka at True Blue LA, "Dodger Pitchers and Catchers to report on February 5". This is extremely early, but not surprising considering that they start the season early in Australia.
- "Tommy Lasorda hits it out of the park," via Cpl. Timothy Childers of the 1st Marine Logistics Group.
“If I would ask someone who [Tommy Lasorda] was, they would say he’s a Dodger, that he’s a ballplayer,” said Brig. Gen. Coglianese, a native of New Jersey. “I would tell you he’s a patriot, a veteran of World War II. [He is] a real American hero, idol and someone I look up to.”
- Via Dylan Hernandez on twitter, Brian Wilson will stay Blue if he's paid closer money. Why not, right? After all, we're paying closer money for middle relief help (i.e. Brandon League).
Sounds like Brian Wilson would be open to returning to the #Dodgers in a non-closing role if they pay him like a closer.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) November 13, 2013
- Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, "Team president expects Don Mattingly to manage Dodgers 'a long time'". Via Stan Kasten:
“There was never any confusion in our minds that we wanted him back. I think the whole organization feels like I do and like I have from the first day I came in, which is that I’m a big fan of Donnie’s and I’ve become an even bigger fan in my time with him. I see qualities in him that I think make him a candidate to be a long-term manager, chiefly his demeanor and handling people.”
- Nick Punto will not be a Dodger next season. According to Jane Lee of MLB.com on twitter, he has signed with the A's.
- Matthew Glidden at Number 5 Type Collection shares a very unusual Steve Garvey collectible - a 1981 Long Beach Telegram newspaper cutout.
- Chris Olds at Beckett shares some preview pics from Panini's upcoming 2013 Elite Extra Edition Baseball cards; including the Jose Abreu card on the right.
- Via Mike Oz at Big League Stew, "Meet the only guy who didn’t give Clayton Kershaw a first-place Cy Young vote".
- So, who's the best pitcher in the league? This guy!
And we can't forget about the posse. What great friends to share the night with! pic.twitter.com/VVsb4LZX9y
— Ellen Kershaw (@ellenkershaw) November 14, 2013
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *