Before heading back to the US, AJ Ellis tweeted a photo of the Sydney Cricket Ground - where the Dodgers and Diamondbacks will be playing. See it at top.
- "Sundays and Sundaes," from the Kershaw's in Zambia for Kershaw's Challenge.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Jhonny Peralta is about to make Juan Uribe a lot of money". Rumor has it that Peralta is about to sign a huge deal, and Uribe stands to benefit.
- AJ Ellis welcomes Dan Haren on twitter: AJ is 1 for 9, lifetime, against Haren, So, he's happy that he won't have to face him. On the other hand, Andre Ethier is batting a robust .420 against him in 50 at-bats.
Excited about Dan Haren. Always admired his professionalism. Also atop "guys I want to catch because I struggle hitting them" list.
— AJ Ellis (@AJEllis17) November 25, 2013
- Via Jason Collette at FanGraphs, "Dan Haren Becomes Rare Underpaid Dodger".
Steamer projects Haren to reach the 180 inning benchmark this season, and projects him as a 3 WAR pitcher. Ten million dollars for a 3 WAR pitcher is something 30 major clubs should be interested in, but one team beat all the others to the punch.
- Via Tim Brown at Yahoo Sports, "Dodgers' best play may be to keep Matt Kemp along with crowded outfield".
So, yes, Kemp's body might not be holding up, and that contract ain't getting any cheaper, and the Dodgers could have too many outfielders and not enough outfield. But he has years of prime left, and a winter to heal, and a resume that says he can play the game with anyone. There was a time when he was worth the wait. Worth the patience. (And worth the money.) It's still that time.
- Via Mike Petriello at FanGraphs, "The Dodgers And “Too Many Outfielders” Mike takes a look at the various options the Dodgers have.
- Old friend, Takashi Saito, is still playing ball. Via Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors, he has just signed a 1-year deal to pitch for the Ratuken Golden Eagles in Japan.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *