Tommy Lasorda dropped the opening puck at last nights Kings game. He's done this a number of times over the past several years, and has quite an unusual way of doing it. He walks up to center ice, never acknowledges the opposing player, barely acknowledges the Kings player, drops the puck and immediately walks away. It's hilarious. Watch his puck drop from last night here.
- Carson Cistulli at FanGraphs shares the Dodgers 2014 ZiPS Projections.
- An old friend alert. Via Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors, The Tampa Bay Rays claim Jerry Sands off of waivers.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Ethier a friend to Los Angeles' neediest communities".
- Apparently, the Dodgers have signed reliever Jamey Wright to a 1-year contract, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- Check out Hanley Ramirez's new hairdo, via Samer Kalaf at Deadspin.
- Via Sarah Wexler at We're born again, there's new grass on the field writes, "Dodger Stadium: MLB’s only Googie stadium". This is a great piece on it's architectural design.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers agree with relievers Wright, Perez".
- Via Logan Rhoades on BuzzFeed, "24 Reasons Why Hockey Players Are Actually Big, Cuddly Sweethearts".
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *