Above is a pic of the Dodgers Spring Training facility in Daytona Beach, Florida in 1946. Pic via @Dodgers_History on twitter.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA has the "J.P. Howell contract details".
The contract is worth a guaranteed $11.25 million, and could be worth as much as $17.25 million over three years, not counting any incentives.
- Eric also shares, "Juan Uribe contract details".
Uribe will be paid a signing bonus of $2 million, then will receive salaries of $6.5 million in both 2014 and 2015, per Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. He will also receive $1 million in 2014 as a deferred signing bonus from his previous three-year, $21 million contract with Los Angeles.
- Via Joel Sherman at the NY Post, "Sizing up the Yankees’ 8 biggest Tanaka challengers". Unsurprisingly, the Dodgers are considered their top challenger to his services.
- Via Ray Guilfoyle at Fake Teams, "Alexander Guerrero: ZIPS optimistic on Dodgers second baseman".
- Joe Posnanski on his blog writes a great piece about Hall of Fame voting and the quagmire PED's has created. For the most part, I agree with him. The BBWAA is a poor avenue for deciding who deserves enshrinement, and the HOF needs to show some leadership. That being said, I believe the best route is to have the BBWAA reject all players tainted (rumored), and the HOF should let the peers (i.e. current HOF'ers) form special committee's to decide who is worthy.
- The Dodgers are a class organization, via Nick Punto's twitter:
The @dodgers oooz with class!! Xmas gift even though I'm not affiliated anymore. pic.twitter.com/OlAGOOUbf0
— Nick Punto (@Shredderpunto) December 24, 2013
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *