Here's a great vintage of some 1938 Brooklyn Dodgers singing. Do you recognize one of them? Pic via @Dodgers_History on twitter.
- I love it when old Dodgers come back home after retirement. Via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times, Nomar Garciaparra has been hired to do pre- and -post game commentary for the new Dodgers TV network called SportsNet LA. I guess he'll be taking over for Eric Collins/Steve Lyons. On a side note, Dilbeck notes that the Dodgers are also trying to sign Orel Hershiser.
- Via Jae Seung at Arirang News, "Ryu Hyun-Jin set to return to the U.S. in January".
- I'm a little shocked by this move. Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, the Dodgers decided to non-tender Ronald Belisario. In other words, they chose to not offer him a contract before last nights deadline for arbitration-eligible players; thereby making Belisario a free agent. Even with his inconsistency and legal troubles, I figured he still had good enough stuff to be a viable option out of the pen. Something tells me that he'll find a home somewhere.
- Although I hate how silly rumors get spread around like warm peanut butter on toast, I have to admit that this little update from Tim Brown on twitter warms my heart. I so hope Wilson stays.
Dodgers and Brian Wilson appear to be getting close on a contract agreement.
— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) December 3, 2013
- JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers tells us that the Dodgers also made an offer to free agent reliever Joe Smith; who eventually signed with Angels.
- Craig Calcaterra at Hardball Talk writes, "Is India the Next Hotbed for Baseball Talent?"
- Murray Chass writes a bit about the HOF Expansion ballot that includes union head Marvin Miller.
Although Miller belongs in the Hall for his matchless impact on Major League Baseball, the Hall’s officials have bungled his status, perhaps deliberately, and now the electors should honor his wishes just as the Hall has dishonored him.
- Via Maury Brown at Forbes, "From ADD To Hypogonadism: How 122 MLB Players Were Allowed To Use Banned Substances". I knew that there were players who received a waiver, but I had no idea it was that many.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *