Here's a great vintage pic of the Ebbets Field grounds crew that was shared on twitter by @Dodgers_History.
- Dodgers Spring Training tickets on sale Monday. Via a Dodgers press release:
Single-game tickets for the 2014 Spring Training schedule at Camelback Ranch-Glendale, the sixth-year spring home of the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox, go on sale at 10 a.m. MST on Monday, January 13, Camelback Ranch-Glendale announced. To order online, visit Ticketmaster.com, Dodgers.com/Spring, WhiteSox.com/Spring, or CamelbackRanchBaseball.com. To order by phone, call Ticketmaster (800-745-3000).
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Seth Rosin confident, looking forward to spring training challenge with Dodgers".
"I throw strikes," Rosin said. "I attack hitters. I'm not afraid to pitch to anybody. I'll just throw the ball over the plate and see what happens."
- Via Dan Lewis at Amazin' Avenue, "Debunking the Mike Piazza steroid myth".
- Via Yoo Jee-ho at Yonhap News Agency, "Dodgers' Ryu Hyun-jin determined to avoid sophomore slump".
"I hope to begin the season on a good note right from the first game," Ryu said. "Hopefully, that will help me win a lot of games. As long as I can stay healthy, I don't think my stats will change that drastically." Asked about the specific target for a number of victories in 2014, Ryu said, "I won't look too far down the road. I'd first like to get to 10 wins and then I can go from there."
- Via the LA Kings, "Hockey legend Wayne Gretzky will be at Dodger Stadium Monday as the "Ice Truck" arrives for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series Game".
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodgers Insider, "Eric Karros looks back on aspiring Dodger days".
“For me, it was at a time when I wasn’t really looking to get lectured, but Brett Butler made a comment to me: ‘Enjoy every day like it’s your last in the big leagues, because it’s going to go quick, like a snap of a finger.’ I remember that. I don’t think he was trying to make some impressionable comment, but I remember when I talk to these (prospects), I share my experiences what I’ve gone through.
- Via Nick Gillespie at Hit & Run Blog, "How Pro Sports Should React to Pot Legalization (But Won't)".
- Via David Brown at Big League Stew, Hall of Famer Frank Thomas agrees that ‘we don’t want PED users in Cooperstown’ - Current HOF members continue to be vocal about their desire to exclude PED tainted players.
- This is one of the more fascinating stories ever told. Check out Mark Mazzatti's story at the NY Times about the, "Burglars Who Took On F.B.I. Abandon Shadows". It is very reminiscent of the Edward Snowden NSA document leaks.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *