They are in the midst of preparing the Dodger Stadium field for ice hockey. Today, the NHL will arrive with their equipment in order to build the ice rink. Pic via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Spring Training tickets are now on sale. Go here.
- Via Mark Townsend at Big League Stew, "Yankees, Dodgers and Angels finalists to sign Masahiro Tanaka, according to report from Japan".
- Via Sarah at We're born again, there's new grass on the field writes, "The Dodgers and the knuckleball".
- Sports Card Info takes a look at the Jackie Robinson 1962 Hall of Fame Induction Press Pin.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Inside, "Bryan Cranston: Golden Globe winner, Dodger fan".
“I’m a big, big Dodger fan. Have been all my life. My first Dodger game I was 5 years old. It was 1961 at the Coliseum, and I loved going. Wally Moon was my favorite player back then because as a 5-year-old, the name ‘Moon, Wally Moon’ was so interesting. And the ‘Moon Shots’ he used to hit to left field. It was fantastic. And then I was here in 1962 when Dodger Stadium opened up. It’s hard to believe it’s been 50 years.”
- Via Dustin Nosler at Fellin' Kinda Blue, "Dodgers need A.J. Ellis and Tim Federowicz to improve pitch-framing". I disagree with the notion that advanced statistics guys are the reason for an emphasis on pitch framing. That's just false. The art of pitch framing has always been a key skill taught to catchers-particularly in the Dodgers organization. It's just that stats guys are getting better at quantifying it. As for our catchers needing to get better at it, I couldn't agree more.
- Via Jeffrey Bellone at Beyond th Boxscore, "How do Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux compare to Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale?"
- Phil Hecken at UniWatch interviews the man behind the twitter account @MLBCathedrals.
- He lives. Via the Dodgers tumblr.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *