Here's a great pic of Vin Scully at the Rose Parade, via @MLB on twitter. Check out even more great photos of Vin's day from Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo, here.
- Check out a digital copy of the 125th Rose Parade program right here.
- Watch a Vin Scully pre-parade interview from KTLA.
- Via Ben Platt at MLB.com, "Scully has exhilarating time at Rose Parade".
"I think to sum it up, you'd use the word exhilarating," said Scully, describing what it was like to lead the parade of floats down Pasadena's Colorado Avenue. "From the moment we reached the Tournament House, all the pre-parade excitement. The little chill in the air, that really got your attention, all the pageantry and, above all, all the good spirits of all of the volunteers, along with the policemen and motorcycle officers. It is just an incredible experience from the time we arrived this morning until now."
- Mark Aubrey at Mark's Ephemera made an awesome Vin Scully Rose Parade fantasy Baseball card. Check it out here.
- Via Bill Hanstock at SB Nation, "Vin Scully is the Rose Parade Grand Marshal, deal with it". He shares a great .gif of Vin and his sunglasses.
- Here's a great .gif of Vin waving to the crowd, via the Dodgers tumblr.
- Stay tuned for January 6th. The Dodgers are restarting their own team blog and Jon Weisman will be spearheading the effort. WooHoo! I can't think of anybody else who could do the job. Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Weisman's dream becomes reality with new position".
"I'll have the benefit of insider access I've never had. It's just my second week, but I feel like I did 10 years ago. There's an untapped area. There are tons of coverage we can do, and I want to break new ground. I want to do more with the magazine online and just promote a more dynamic content experience. Dodgers.com remains the home page. The blog will be distributed through the home page. There will be multiple posts a day. It will be a constant source of material. ... It's all pretty amazing -- and it's pretty daunting. I feel a great deal of responsibility."
- Kings forward Dustin Brown and goalie Jonathan Quick have been selected to the 2014 US Olympic hockey team, via Jon Rosen at Kings Insider. BTW, I want this Olympic jersey, so bad!
- Too funny. Via Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy, "USA Hockey mistakenly tells 67-year-old Canadian he made Olympic roster".
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *