So, who's that guy barely visible, second on the left? Yup, that's Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts fame and current Director of Digital and Print Content for the Dodgers. Pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. BTW, Jon let us know yesterday that the "3 Sisters" have just been put back in the Dodgers bullpen - right where they belong
- Check out the 2014 Honorary Bat Girl Contest, here.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Matt Kemp confident in return, wants to play every day". There are some who think Matt's statement is controversial, and potentially disastrous to team chemistry. And, those folks are setting up a narrative that the Dodgers need to do something about the outfield situation. I think it's all bunk. They are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I have no doubt our outfielders will get the playing time they deserve, and that given Kemp's recent injury history, he will play in measured doses. In no way does that make him, or any other outfielder regular the 4th option. Besides, these are all good problems to have.
"I'm not a fourth outfielder. We can cut that off right now, that's the last question you need to ask me. I'm not a fourth outfielder, I'm not going to be a fourth outfielder. I'm here to help my team by playing every day," Kemp said. "When it's time for me to come back, I'll come back and be the player I've been in past years when I was healthy."
- Mark Saxon at ESPN shares a Q&A with Dodger President Stan Kasten.
- Via JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers, "Daily Distractions: What Derek Jeter taught a 22-year-old Hanley Ramirez."
- The Beanball thinks, "Paul Maholm Should Fire His Agent".
- Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Kershaw aims to add ring to trophy collection".
"I don't take it for granted and it's a very cool thing," he said, "but I'd trade it for a World Series ring. That's where I think we're headed and [that's] why I'm excited. A lot's got to happen, but at least I know we've got a good chance."
- ICYMI: Cut4 has some Happy Valentine Day greetings from the Dodgers. Go here to check that out.
- Via Greg Zakwin at Yahoo Sports, "Los Angeles Dodgers Phenom Yasiel Puig: High Expectations While Patience Is Preached".
- Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA introduces us to Ogden Raptors new manager ‘Black Jack’ McDowell.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *