Throughout Spring Training the Dodgers PR department sends out helpful daily notes from Camelback Ranch, and I am happy to pass them along. See what they've written below.
|(Brian Wilson with the bat, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
|(pic via @Dodgers on twitter)|
CEY IT AIN’T SO: The Dodgers would like to wish a very happy 66th birthday to Ron Cey, who played 12 seasons with the Dodgers from 1971-82. Cey was selected to six All-Star games from 1974-79 and was named tri-MVP of the 1981 World Series, batting .350 with a home run and six RBI as the Dodgers downed the Yankees in six games.
- Sharing a birthday with Cey is Dodgers PR legend Steve Brener. Dodger historian Mark Langill profiled Brener and his contributions to the franchise, which have spanned two centuries, in a post on the Dodger Insider blog today.
(Juan Uribe and Alexander Guerrero, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)
- Restriping the many lots, modifying circulation patterns and improved on-site signage.
- Added bike racks to encourage bicycles as an alternative mode of transportation to Dodger Stadium .
- Enhancing and further promoting of the use of public bus on Sunset Boulevard and better marketing at the Metro Gold Line Chinatown and Red Line Hollywood Stations.
- More and clearer way-finding signage directing traffic to underutilized gates.
- Additional on-site parking spaces
|(Tommy Lasorda and Yasiel Puig, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
THE SKIPPER: Tomorrow, at USC’s Dedeaux Field, Hall of Fame Manager and Special Advisor to the Chairman Tommy Lasorda will be on hand for an unveiling of a statue of legendary college baseball coach Rod Dedeaux. Lasorda, along with former USC pitcher Randy Johnson, will speak at the event.
AMATEUR HOUR: Yesterday, the Minnesota Golden Gophers downed the Northern Illinois Huskies, 3-2 in 10 innings, at Camelback Ranch in the season-opener for both teams. The three-game series continues today and Sunday with 1:00 p.m. games at the main stadium between Seth Rosin’s and Ned Colletti’s alma maters, with free admission and food and beverages available for purchase during the Dodgers’ workouts and the college games.
|(pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)|
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *