Yasiel Puig will be on the cover of the newest edition of ESPN Magazine; out this Friday. Pic via @DodgersPR on twitter.
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Jackie Robinson Day autographed jerseys up for bidding". Go to the auction here.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Don’t forget Javy Guerra".
“We have a great pitching staff, a lot of bullpen arms,” Guerra said. “It’s going to be tough to crack this team, but I’m up for the challenge. It’s a great opportunity and a great time to be a Dodger.”
- The Derrel Thomas Foundation will be hosting its 2nd Annual Positive Image Awards in Jurupa Valley, CA. Go here for more information. The charity dinner is on Thursday, February 20th, and it will celebrate outstanding members of the community. (Hat Tip: Roberto Baly at Vin Scully is My Homeboy)
- Emma at Dodger Blue World expresses her desire for game tickets issued by the Dodgers. I think it's overwhelming that fans want their ticket stubs.
- Via Ramona Shelburne at ESPN, Magic Johnson, Mark Walter, Stan Kasten and other Dodgers' partners have purchased the Sparks.
- Via Lyle Spencer at MLB.com, "Forgotten pioneers: '63 Dodgers made huge impact: Season marked first time a predominantly black lineup lead team to World Series title".
- Well. Well. Eli Manning and the NY Giants may be selling off fake game-used memorabilia, via a story by Kaja Whitehouse at the NY Post. A memorabilia dealer was indicted on federal charges related to selling fake memorabilia, but they were subsequently dropped as a result of certain revelations (likely related to this lawsuit). Remember, there have already been prosecutions and serious jail time for numerous other dealers of fake sports memorabilia. That dealer in question is now suing the Giants and Eli.
If true, this is severely screwed up, and fraudulent. These folks were willing to let a guy go to jail to cover up their greed and malfeasance. Fans and collectors paid big money and premium dollars for stuff they thought were real. BTW, this could prove to be a big issue for Steiner Sports since it appears they may have placed too much trust in the Giants.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *