The channel Dodger fans have been waiting for is about to go live. Starting on Tuesday, February 25th, SportsNet LA launches as the 24/7 home of the Dodgers. Per a Dodgers press release, they:
will take fans behind-the-scenes of the team and offer in-depth access into the organization, providing an immersive experience with never-before-seen content and thousands of hours of comprehensive Dodger programming.Here is what you should expect:
- The revolution will be televised. All Dodgers Spring Training games will be on television; except for two split-squad games. That's 22 total Spring games.
- Vin Scully will call the inaugural game telecast on Wednesday, February 26 at 12:00 PM PT.
"It is an incredible honor to have the remarkable opportunity to call the very first game on the Dodger network," said Scully. "The Dodgers' new ownership group has done a wonderful job assembling a team to make SportsNet LA what every Dodger fan deserves, a television network just for them. I'm humbled to be a part of it."
- A live daily studio show will air at 7:00 PM during Spring Training, and will be called "Access SportsNet: Dodgers".
The show will be hosted live from the SportsNet LA studios in El Segundo, CA with contributions from the SportsNet LA on-air team live in Glendale, AZ. John Hartung will lead the program, alongside longtime Dodger announcer Charley Steiner and Dodger legends Orel Hershiser and Nomar Garciaparra, with contributions from recently-retired Dodger Jerry Hairston Jr. and experienced baseball reporter Alanna Rizzo. "Access SportsNet: Dodgers" will deliver an hour of comprehensive coverage of the team, highlighting the behind-the-scenes access of the new network, while providing fans with the latest information, updates and team features.
- Another show will be called "Backstage: Dodgers", per @SportsNetLA on twitter. It'll air every week during the season, and provide a behind-the-scenes look at the team.
- Glenn Diamond, a sports TV producer and five-time Emmy Award winner, will produce Dodger games. He has 31 years of national Baseball production experience.
I would expect a loud and visible campaign to start very soon.
|(pic via @SportsNetLA on twitter)|
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *