What a great photo of a broken bat in the hands of Juan Uribe. Pic taken by Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- I'd like to extend my condolences to Don Mattingly and his family. Per Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, he will be absent the next couple of days to attend a family funeral.
- Mark Langill at Dodger Insider shares a great story about the day Dodger manager Wilbert Robinson tried to catch a Baseball dropped from a plane. It's tales like this that make Baseball so great.
- FYI, the Dodgers reassigned relief pitcher Red Patterson to the minor leagues yesterday.
- Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com writes, "Exploring the Australia Effect on 2014".
On the 2004 games the Yankees played in Japan: “We came back with four spring training games and that was miserable and we started bad,” Mattingly said. “Those are the things I worry about. The bell rings, those two games count, then you come back and say, ‘Don’t matter.’ I worry about bad habits.”
- Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest writes, "What it would take for Joc Pederson to make the Dodgers".
- Chris St. John at Beyond the Boxscore takes a look at the, "2014 Los Angeles Dodgers Consensus Top 65 Prospects".
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dan Haren 'tired,' not going to Australia a possibility".
"They would like to try to help me stay back, because it's a lot of travel to go over there just to be insurance," Haren said. "If I have to do it, I would do it. I told them I would have no problem doing it. But if I'm not going to throw there and I could stay back, that's better for everybody."
- Check out some preview picks from 2014 Allen & Ginter, via Larry Pauley at Sports Collectors Daily. Check out the Puig and Ebbets Field cards below.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *