Matt Kemp played in a minor league intrasquad game yesterday, pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- As you probably know, the Dodgers will be opening the Scott Avenue entrance to Dodger Stadium this seasons. The Eastsider LA blog addresses residents concerns, "Echo Park residents cry “foul” over Dodger traffic management plans".
“The cars are faster during regular games,” a Scott Avenue resident said during the meeting. “They are in a race to get” into the stadium.
- Mike Petriello at FanGraphs writes, "Dee Gordon And Winning A Spring Battle".
- Via Daniel Brim at Dodgers Digest, "Paco Rodriguez’ Mechanical Fix".
- Jared Massey at Dodgers Nation writes, "2014 Dodgers Minor League Preview: California League".
- George Fitopoulos at the Baseball Professor shares his player profile on Clayton Kershaw.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "All Zack, or Zach, day at Camelback as Greinke and Lee pitch".
Greinke ran into a spot of bother in the first inning, allowing two hits, but he kept the Diamonbacks off the scoreboard. He hit 90 MPH on the radar gun on the only pitch I was able to get velocity on. The second inning was a different story, as he got knocked around for four hits and three runs, including a solo home run allowed to former uber prospect Andy Marte.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "After two-inning return, Greinke has 'ways to go'"
"Everybody had to get ready faster for Australia," he said. "I have to get ready for the American games. I've just got to get ready as fast as I can without a setback."
- Via Barry M. Bloom at MLB.com, "Kemp content taking small steps on road to recovery".
Stan Conte, the Dodgers vice president of medical services who was on hand to monitor Kemp as he played in an intrasquad game on Wednesday. "We're not really sure how this will even work. We're really taking this only a day at a time and a week at a time. We'll see where we are at the end of this week, and by the time we go to Australia we'll have a plan."
"I feel a little weird still being out there," Kemp said. "I'm still trying to get my legs under me. My legs feel a little heavy and tired at times. That comes with getting back in shape as far as being on the field. You can lift as many weights as you want, but nothing compares with game speed out there on the baseball field.
- Ryan G at This Card is Cool shares some cards from a 1994 set that features Women Baseball players - the Silver Bullets.
- Greg Zakwin at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle shares his recent vintage card addition - "1952 Wheaties: Roy Campanella (Action)".
- A tweet from a Dodger fan in Australia. There are banners in Sydney!
@rbaly79 These are the banners hanging in the city of Sydney @Dodgers pic.twitter.com/UYYq4PO5Lg
— Andrew (@andyfrancis81) March 10, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *